Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Excess space on the left and right
posted

Hi. I have my scene taking up the full cell of one of my grids, but there is a large amount of wasted space on the left and right (I have the legend turned off).

The Margin properties don't seem to affect how large the scene is actually rendered, they affect the size of the control.

Essentially, I want every last pixel to be used for drawing, without big white borders around the chart. How can I do this?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello,

To set the position of the Scene and GridArea, Margin and MarginType property has to be set for these areas. The Margin property of the chart control will not change position of the scene. Please use the following sample:

<igCA:XamChart View3D="False" x:Name="chart" MinHeight="210" MinWidth="210" Margin="8,8,8,8">
                <igCA:XamChart.Series>
                    <igCA:Series ChartType="Column">
                    <igCA:Series.DataPoints>
                        <igCA:DataPoint Value="3" Fill="#FFD70005" Label="Italy"/>
                        <igCA:DataPoint Value="5" Fill="#FF6CA224" Label="Spain"/>
                        <igCA:DataPoint Value="4" Fill="#FF076CB0" Label="France"/>
                        <igCA:DataPoint Value="7" Fill="#FFE6BE02" Label="China"/>
                        <igCA:DataPoint Value="5" Fill="#FF543792" Label="Portugal">
                        </igCA:DataPoint>
                    </igCA:Series.DataPoints>
                        </igCA:Series>             
                </igCA:XamChart.Series>
       <igCA:XamChart.Legend>
        <igCA:Legend Visible="False"/>
       </igCA:XamChart.Legend>
       <igCA:XamChart.Scene>
        <igCA:Scene Margin="0,0,0,0" MarginType="Percent">
         <igCA:Scene.GridArea>
          <igCA:GridArea Margin="5,2,0,5" MarginType="Percent"/>
         </igCA:Scene.GridArea>