Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
SuspendBinding equivalent on DataGrid
posted

Hello,

I am using a XamDataGrid that is bound to an underlying DataSet. Bulk updates in the DataSet are inherently slow (a fact that is unrelated to the XamDataGrid). To combat the issue, I am performing the following operations on the dataset prior to mass updates:

* Setting EnforceConstraints=false.

* Removing all parent-child dependent expressions.

* Removing all table relationships.

After an update is performed I restore all the above. When this happens, the underlying data is quite correct but the XamDataGrid freaks out and doesn't display child rows that weren't already visible prior to the update. This is likely a limitation of the XamDataGrid (which is fine). I want to workaround the issue by suspending all data operations in the before an update and resume them after. The idea is that the user simply sees updated data (if its within his view) without any flicker / distortions from all the underlying DataSet changes to increase performance.

Thank you.