Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Parent Child ComboBoxes in grid display Value instead of DisplayPath when grouped
posted

This is really an extension to another question I had, but I didn't receive a response when I posted there, so I thought I'd try a new post.  Feel free to delete this and respond on the original thread.

http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/t/41129.aspx

I have two combo boxed in a grid, where the second combobox is bound to a List property on the selected item of the first combobox.  I've noticed one issue with this setup.  When I drag the NoteType into the Group Area the grouping works as I'd expect, but if instead I drag the NoteSubType it displays the NoteSubType.ID instead of the NoteSubType.Name.

What's really weird is that if I drag the NoteType, then drag the NoteSubType both columns groups dislpay their ID's instead of their Names.

I would expect these to always display the value that I selected in the DisplayMemberPath.

posted

Could someone from Infragistics take a look at this and let me know if it's even possible to display the text in the group by in this situation?  Is this a bug, a "feature" or something in between?