Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
xamDataGrid LoadCustomizations - How can you tell when the new grid layout has been applied and rendered
posted

Hi,

I have a grid with 100+ columns and we use SaveCustomizations and LoadCustomizations to save and load the grid layout. The issue I have is that LoadCustomizations returns relatively quickly but it is a few seconds later that the grid actually refreshes with the new layout applied. In this period I would like to continue to show a busy indicator. Is there any event or callback I can hook into to know when the grid has completed applying the customizations?

thanks

posted

Hi. I have similar problem: after loading of customization from string or stream, in which the filter has been defined, xamdatagrid not cause event FilterChanged or FilterChanging =(. So, how can i hook loading of customizations when execute LoadCustomizations method?

Sorry for my english.

posted

It seems they load layout asyncronosly, which might be a good idea.

But they do not provide an API to get when the layout is loaded. Very bad design.

I would be delighted to know how to add more fields for example when the layout is loaded? Now it's hard..