Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to determine that there are colums grouped?
posted

Is there an easy way to check if a grid is currently in group by mode and columns are grouped?

I am showing a little popup when a user clicks on the row of my grid ... however when the grid is grouped, the popup is showing on the group headers and I only want it to show on the actual datarow itself ... what's the best way to accomplish this?

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted
    Hi -

It sounds like you may be listening to the XamDataGrid's SelectedItemsChanged event to trigger the display of your popup when the user clicks a row.  To ensure that the popup only displays when a data row is clicked, you could add code to your event handler to iterate over the Records in the XamDataGrid.SelectedItems.Records collection and only display the popup if the type of the selected record is typeof(DataRecord).  This would prevent the popup from being displayed when GroupByRecords or ExpandableFieldRecords (the other record types) are selected.

Joe

Children
No Data