Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Resizing Column Widths On Window Resize
posted

I'm trying to resize my column widths whenever the user resizes the window. When the window size changes, I determine the new column widths then apply it to the column and label width properties:

currColField.Settings.CellMinWidth = dWidthPerCol;
currColField.Settings.CellMaxWidth = dWidthPerCol;
currColField.Settings.CellWidth = dWidthPerCol;

currColField.Settings.LabelMaxWidth = dWidthPerCol;
currColField.Settings.LabelMinWidth = dWidthPerCol;
currColField.Settings.LabelWidth = dWidthPerCol;

Problem is, the settings don't take cause the columns to resize.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a better way to approach this?

Thanks
Dan

Parents Reply
    Offline posted in reply to Daniel Suitor
    Comments inline

Joe,

I guess that I misunderstood what you meant in your first reply.  I thought you were saying that the grid columns could be resized based on the window being resized, but that your example did not represent a real world scenario.

This IS what I was saying - but the sample I provided simply added a fixed value to the width of the first column - exactly what you are doing in the sample you provided.

I could not find an AutoSize property, did you mean AutoFit?

Yes - sorry about that.  I did mean AutoFit.

What I'm trying to do is have a grid that has some columns which are of a fixed width, and the other columns that occupy the remaining space.  The window is resizable, therefore, the amount of remaining space changes whenever the widow is resized.  Should I try to achieve this in a different manner?

No - you can achieve this in the same basic manner as the code your provided - i.e., override OnRenderSizeChanged and manipulate the Cell width.  You just have to iterate over all the fields as you are doing in the code that is currently 'ifdeffed' out as a result of

TEST_BASED_ON_SAMPLE_CODE

and refine your width calculations.

Dan

http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/p/5092/24669.aspx#24669

Children