Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Splitpane loses focus when click on menu
posted

Hi,

i have a case here where i have a dockmanager with a splitpane and a content pane inside. i have added a commandbinding.  the content pane contains a xamdatagrid. the main window has a usual menu on top. with a category parent and some submenuitems that is bound to the command.

it used to work:

i click into the xamdatagrid

i click into the menu

the contentpane-window keeps it's focus

the command is available.

but now after the change i made it no more works:

i click into the xamdatagrid

i click into the menu

the menu opens and commands are available

short time after the content-pane window looses it's focus (window title goes gray)

the menu entries mapped to the commands switch off.

menu item can not be pressed.

i tried to isolate the problem but no success until now. thus i ask you wether you can imagine a case the content pane looses it's focus when opening a main-window-menu.

i'll continue investigation but maybe you have some tip. it turns out to be quite sophisticated.

Some tips about the app:

i never call any focus-routine. the change after it no more worked 'only' included some model changes in the viewmodels and the controls. some of the controls are created in the code behind. there are controltemplates for splitpanes and contentpanes included which are loaded in codebehind from the resources. the command bindings are created in code behind too.

i observed cases where the datacontext of a control was set but i never received a DataContextChangedEvent. I could imagine some exception broke the event handler chain and was processed with a catch block.