Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Binding the ItemSource of a XamComboEditior to another field...
posted

I'm doing some eccentric stuff right now with a XamDataGrid, but I can't figure out if one of my goals is possible. Basically, the number and types of fields of the grid are not specified until runtime, when a metadata file specifies the type of content being displayed in each column. It's been working really well, until recently when we received a request to add a dropdown control to the choices in the metadata file.

For reasons I'll not get into, the best (and only) way I can think of for this feature to work is to populate one of the grid's fields with a comma separated list of strings, then have each one of these fields serve as that row's ItemSource. I don't actually know if it will work, to be honest, but this is the only thing I can do without throwing out half the code.

So I'd like to know if there's a way to programatically bind a property of all the XamComboEditors in one column to the content of another column, with a 1:1 pairing within that row. For example, I instantiate an UnboundField for each column, adjust its settings, then add it to a FieldLayout. If I have handles on the two fields, is there a way to create a binding like I want?

Parents Reply Children
No Data