Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
how to change DateTime format in hierarchy
posted

I'm wondering how to hide the time from the filter hierarchy (see the screenshot for an example).

In all the examples the DateTime types always get broken up into Periods > Year > Half > Quarter > Month...but for some reason this doesn't happen automatically for me.  I am using a recent engineering build of 2011.1 so maybe there has been a behavior change from 2010.3. 

At any rate, I am just hoping to remove the time, thanks.

posted

Hello,

Could you specify what type of data source do you have – XmlaDataSource or FlatDataSource and if it’s FlatDataSource do you have it with ExcelDataConnectionSettings? For the FlatDataSource the hierarchy resolution is automatically applied to properties of type DateTime and Nullable<DateTime>. If you are using it with excel files you have to put your data in correct excel date format and map it to the format you want to use:

ExcelDataConnectionSettings.AddExcelDateTimeCellFormatMapping("m/d/yyyy", "M/d/yy");

This will make the excel date format recognizable for the system.

Best regards.

PPilev.