Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Error "The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)"
posted
I’ve been trying to upgrade the Infragistics assemblies from 7.2 Beta to 7.2 Release.  I changed the references to the new assemblies, and fixed the compile errors.  Now I’m getting the following error:The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047) I’ve looked this up on the internet, and, while there are references to this error, I can’t seem to find how to fix it.  Has anybody else experience this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

I got it figured out.  I had to delete all entries out of the licenses.licx file.  The installation notes said nothing about this.  I came across one upgrade doc that was referring to upgrading from 7.1 to 7.2, and all it said was to take out any offending entries.  I had seen some offending entries that were causing problems in the compile process, so I removed those.  This fixed the compile.  There was nothing on the Infragistics forum that addressed this issue.  I guess there is something to be said for trial & error & banging you head on the wall.  If I’ve introduced problems by deleting the licenses.licx file, please let me know.

Reply Children
No Data