Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
AutoGenerateFields FAAAAAAALSEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
posted

Please, when i say AutoGenerateFields=False, just do it!

Aside that i may sometime kill the developer who decided to show all fields in conditions i still try to figure out Development costs raise to factor 10000!!!!!

Really ANYthing would be better than this stupid fallback to generate fields.... (debug output, display no data, hide field with error etc etc)

Review this issue, because it's relly very expensive to correct an error in the data grid! The other very critical argument AGAINST this show-all-properties fallback is a security issue!

Thank you,

kmb.

posted

Hello kmb,

I am just checking the progress of this issue and was wondering if you managed to achieve your goal or if you need any further assistance on the matter.

If the above suggestion helped you solve your issue please verify the thread as answered so other users may take better advantage of it.

posted

Hello ,

I have been looking into your description and I do see you are frustrated. As a result, I really cannot put my mind on what exactly is troubling you. There does seem to be a misunderstanding on the topic of assigning layouts and using the AutoGeneratedFields property, so I have blogged a small clarification article on the matter: http://blogs.infragistics.com/blogs/petar_monov/archive/2011/05/13/how-to-define-fieldlayouts-how-fieldlyouts-are-mapped.aspx .  

Please look into it and let me know if it helps your case or I can provide you with a more specific assistance on the matter.

Looking forward to hearing from you.