Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Fields in Child FieldLayout showing incorrect labels
posted

I am databinding a XamDataGrid to a DataView that is part of an ADO.NET DataSet. This DataSet has has a parent/child relation.

The child relationship is showing up as expected.

The issue is that the child field header text is showing up incorrectly! Instead of displaying the DataColumn.Caption these fields are displaying DataColumn.Name

Note that the main field layout is displaying correctly, showing DataColumn.Caption rather than DataColumn.Name

Why is this? Short of manually going in and updating the field's captions what can I do to fix this? (Note that I am using the XamDataGrid as part of a ControlTemplate)

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

It has been a while since you have made your post, in case you still need support I will be glad to assist you further. I suppose the other community members can benefit from this answer as well. I have been looking into your post, but I wasn’t able to reproduce your behavior, so I created a sample project, where the Field’s Labels are bind to the DataTabel’s Columns’ Captions. If my sample doesn’t satisfies your needs feel free to modify it, so it reproduces the issue you described, and send it back to me for further investigation.

Feel free to write me if you have further questions.

xamDataGridDataSet.zip
Children
No Data