Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How do I enable "full" preloading of grid records? I.e. No virtualization.
posted

I'm using the following settings:

RecordLoadMode="PreloadRecords"

RecordContainerGenerationMode="PreLoad"

CellContainerGenerationMode="PreLoad"

ScrollingMode="Immediate"

AllowCellVirtualization="False" (in FieldSettings)

On a very dense grid with thousands of rows. When the user scrolls, there is a lag, which seems to indicate the datagrid is still creating the visual tree "on the fly", as opposed to preloading elements. Only once the user has fully scrolled through all data (which is chuggy), does it seem to be caching the visual tree, and subsequent scrolling is smooth as desired.

We would like to ensure that the visual tree is fully loaded at the start, so that scrolling is smooth from the outset. Is this possible?

posted

Hello,

I have logged this with development under ID: 102905 and I have also created a support ticket on your behalf: CAS-85376-6WQZZY and have linked the development issue to it, so that you can get automatically updated, when a Service Release containing the fix is available for download. You can get the new version from our website’s “My IG”, “My Keys & Downloads” tags: https://ko.infragistics.com/Membership/Default.aspx?panel=Downloads#Downloads  

You can also monitor the support ticket’s progress through the “My Support Activity” tag: https://ko.infragistics.com/Membership/MySupport.aspx

posted

Hello,

I am just checking the progress of this issue and was wondering if you managed to achieve your goal or if you need any further assistance on the matter.

If the above suggestion helped you solve your issue please verify the thread as answered so other users may take better advantage of it.

posted

Hello Gaurav,

I have been looking into your description and these are the properties needed for turning off the Virtualization. I did test this out and I it seems I am able to reproduce the reported behavior, this is why I am going to contact our development team to double-check if there is anything they can suggest in this matter. I was wondering if you could please give me your test sample so that I am sure we are working on the exact same thing.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to hearing from you.