Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
xamDataGrid visual tweaks
posted

Can someone help me with some visual tweaks?

• How do I disable mouse hot-tracking (i.e., hide the selection rectangle on rows that are not selected)?
  • My data is read-only, so how do I disable the cell selection rectangle (as opposed to the row selection rectangle, which I want to keep)?
  • How do I prevent column stacking, where the user drags one column underneath another column? I'm concerned that users will do it by accident, and it doesn't seem useful for my app.
  • When the user scrolls the vertical scrollbar thumb, it shows the value of a single column in a tooltip, but a single pre-determined column is not very useful. How can I show any of the following in the tooltip? Any of these would be more useful: (1) multiple columns, (2) the value of ViewModel.ToString(), where ViewModel is the class representing each row, (3) the value of the column currently being sorted.