Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Custom Appointment Mapping
posted

I found the following article for mapping my datasource to the scheduler control. 

I'm having the following problem.

I mapped every single property for the appointment collection [See code below] also In my model view I added collections for ResourceItems  and Calendars and i instantiate them in my init method in my model view [See code below].   I added for my event items an OwningResourceId  and an OwiningCalendarId that return the intance ids from my initialized method.  

WWhen I run I keep getting the following error:

'Collection property 'Infragistics.Controls.Schedules.ListScheduleDataConnector'.'AppointmentPropertyMappings' is null.' 

When I add an appointments class and a collection in my model view and dump my event values directly then everything works...my problem is that I have properties in my custom business object that i want to utilize to customize the scheduler data presenter template....I tried to add the fields i needed into the Appointment class and dump my needed field values so that I could use them when customizing the template but they don't seem to be picked up at all... how do i handle this problem?

var Apps2 = EventCollection.Select(r => new Appointment
            {
                Id = r.EventId.ToString(),
                Start = r.EventStartDate.GetValueOrDefault(Convert.ToDateTime(r.EventDate)),
                End = r.EventEndDate.GetValueOrDefault(Convert.ToDateTime(r.EventDate)),
                OwningCalendarId = "cal0",
                OwningResourceId = "res0",
                Subject = r.EventName,
                Description = r.EventNotes,
                IsTimeZoneNeutral = true,
                FightCount = r.FightCount,
                HasTitleFight = r.HasTitleFight
            });

foreach (var App in Apps2)
                Appointments.Add(App);

----------------------------------------------

MY XAML

<ig:ListScheduleDataConnector AppointmentItemsSource="{Binding EventDataCardCollection}"

ResourceItemsSource="{Binding ResourceItems}"
                                                      ResourceCalendarItemsSource="{Binding Calendars}">

<ig:ListScheduleDataConnector.AppointmentPropertyMappings>
                                <ig:AppointmentPropertyMapping AppointmentProperty="Id" DataObjectProperty="EventId" />
                                <ig:AppointmentPropertyMapping AppointmentProperty="Start" DataObjectProperty="EventStartDate" />
                                <ig:AppointmentPropertyMapping AppointmentProperty="End" DataObjectProperty="EventEndDate" />
                                <ig:AppointmentPropertyMapping AppointmentProperty="OwningResourceId" DataObjectProperty="OwningResourceId" />
                                <ig:AppointmentPropertyMapping AppointmentProperty="OwningCalendarId" DataObjectProperty="OwningCalendarId" />
                                <ig:AppointmentPropertyMapping AppointmentProperty="Subject" DataObjectProperty="EventName" />
                                <ig:AppointmentPropertyMapping AppointmentProperty="Description" DataObjectProperty="EventNotes" />
                            </ig:ListScheduleDataConnector.AppointmentPropertyMappings>

<ig:ListScheduleDataConnector.ResourceCalendarPropertyMappings>
                                        <ig:ResourceCalendarPropertyMappingCollection UseDefaultMappings="True"></ig:ResourceCalendarPropertyMappingCollection>
                                    </ig:ListScheduleDataConnector.ResourceCalendarPropertyMappings>
                                    <ig:ListScheduleDataConnector.ResourcePropertyMappings>
                                        <ig:ResourcePropertyMappingCollection UseDefaultMappings="True">
                                        </ig:ResourcePropertyMappingCollection>
                                    </ig:ListScheduleDataConnector.ResourcePropertyMappings>
                            </ig:ListScheduleDataConnector>

MODEL VIEW

public void Initialize()
        {
            ResourceItems = new ObservableCollection<Resource>();
            ResourceItems.Add(new Resource() { Id = "res0" });

Calendars = new ObservableCollection<ResourceCalendar>();
            Calendars.Add(new ResourceCalendar() { Id = "cal0", OwningResourceId = "res0" });
            EventCollection = GoGetMyEventCollection();
}

http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/WPF/2011.1/CLR4.0/html/xamSchedule_Using_Connector_Mapping.html