Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
X Axis - How to line up first data point for different start times
posted

We have an XamDataChart ad hoc graph with multiple ScatterLineSeries.  
The first data point of each series needs to line up on the same X axis location.
Series are added/removed by the user after the chart is initally displayed.

The Y value is a double and the X value is a .NET datetime.

The first series added (Series A) will setup the X and Y axis and the X axis.
Each additional series added needs its first data point to line up with the first data point on Series A even though the datetime in the second series does not match Series A.

The X axis should display the date time of the first series added to the chart.

Is there a way to set a ScatterLineSeries X axis value so that it has a value added/removed to each X value to shift the series so that it matches the start datetime of the first series added to the chart?

It's needed to allow the most recent data series to be compared with historical data series.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for your post. I have created a sample application for you which demonstrates how you can add multiple series with different X axis for each in code, in order to achieve the functionality that you have described. I have also created a sample application for you, which shows how you can use LineSeries, instead of ScatterLineSeries and use a common CategoryXAxis for all series that you are adding to the XamDataChart. Since the CategoryXAxis arranges the data points based on their indexes in the data source you can use one CategoryXAxis, for each LineSeries and the each series will have its first element aligned at the most left point of the XamDataChart.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance on the matter.

Sincerely,

Krasimir

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics

www.infragistics.com/support

Reply Children
No Data