Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Mercator projection
posted

hi there--

i'm trying to use XamGeographicMap to display data from some shape files that use what i'm assuming are mercator coordinates; there is a .prj file that says: WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere. in the past we were able to do this with XamMap by using MapProjectionType="SphericalMercator" and setting the CoordinateSystem in the ShapeFileReader.

i can't seem to find a similar way to do this in XamGeographicMap -- is this possible? i see SphericalMercatorHorizontalScaler (and vertical), but i don't know how to implement this.

thanks!

p.s. for what it's worth, the shapeFileConverter.WorldRect returns: 

shapeFileConverter.WorldRect = {-10053363.9557,4270699.2944,1870937.37,1042605.425}

and setting this the map's WorldRect to this makes for a blank map.

jon

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello,

Looking at this WorldRect I can assume that your shapefile doesn’t contain geographic data, since the WorldRect that the XamGeographicMap can display is about (-180, -85, 360, 170). The XamGeographicMap cannot display non-geographic data so if this is your case you can still use the XamMap control. Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Diyan Dimitrov

Reply Children
No Data