Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Applying Filter in grid
posted

I have a detail area that is bound to the ActiveDataItem in a grid.  If I have a filter active and then change a value in the detail area it reflects properly in the grid, but the row does not move where it should.  How do I reapply the active filter so that the row will be placed in its the area with the rest of the rows in that filter?

Thank you,

Mike Malter

Edited:

I found out how to force a refresh of the current sort and filter through the following calls:

this.dgPDUsers.RecordManager.Sorted[ this.GetCurrentRecordIndex() ].RefreshSortPosition();
this.dgPDUsers.RecordManager.Sorted[ this.GetCurrentRecordIndex() ].RefreshFilters();

However, I have this funky problem.  I have a column called Active which can be either Yes or No.  If I apply a filter to the column of Yes, and then sort that column, when I change a Yes to a No in the detail area, the cell value for the selected row is changed, but, instead of disappearing as I would suspect because that column is filtered for "Yes", instead, the row has a value of "No" and it floats to the top.

Any way around that?

Thanks.