Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
set checkbox visibility based on a condition for Inner Nodes + XamDataTree
posted

Hi,

I am working on xamDataTree and facing a problem, I want to set the Checkbox Visibility of the inner Nodes based on a condition (i.e. if the EntityInformation.CheckBoxEnable property is "false" then I dont want to display the checkbox).

But when I am trying to do like

<ig:CheckBoxSettingsOverride CheckBoxVisibility="{Binding Data.EntityInformation.CheckBoxEnable, Converter={StaticResource boolToVisibilityConverter}}"/>

I am getting following error

A 'Binding' cannot be set on the 'CheckBoxVisibility' property of type 'CheckBoxSettingsOverride'. A 'Binding' can only be set on a DependencyProperty of a DependencyObject.

Please help me to acheive the functionality.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi, 

I encountered the same issue. However, I do not like to write every style and events from scratch as suggested in the answer. Instead the workaround which I found is to bind Width property of check box instead using ig:CheckBoxSettings.CheckBoxStyle. Note that binding the Visibility property won't work.

<UserControl.Resources>
    <helpers:BoolToCheckBoxWidthConverter x:Uid="BoolToCheckBoxWidthConverter"
    x:Key="BoolToWidthConverter"/>
    </UserControl.Resources>

<ig:XamDataTree.CheckBoxSettings>
    <ig:CheckBoxSettings x:Uid="CheckBoxSettings"
    CheckBoxMode="Auto"
    CheckBoxVisibility="Visible">
    <ig:CheckBoxSettings.CheckBoxStyle>
    <Style x:Uid="TreeViewItemStyless" TargetType="{x:Type CheckBox}">
    <Setter x:Uid="IsEnabledSetter" Property="IsEnabled" Value="{Binding Data.IsCheckBoxEnabled}"/>
    <Setter x:Uid="WidthSetter" Property="Width" Value="{Binding Data.IsCheckBoxVisible, Converter={StaticResource BoolToWidthConverter}}"/>
    </Style>
    </ig:CheckBoxSettings.CheckBoxStyle>
    </ig:CheckBoxSettings>

</ig:XamDataTree.CheckBoxSettings>

internal class BoolToCheckBoxWidthConverter : IValueConverter
    {
    public object Convert(object value, Type targetType, object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
    {
    if (value == null)
    {
    // 20 is the default for the check box
    return 20;
    }

var bValue = (bool)value;

return bValue ? 20 : 0;
    }

public object ConvertBack(object value, Type targetType, object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
    {
    var iValue = (int?)value;

return iValue != 0;
    }
    }

Children
No Data