Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
HeaderPrefixArea MouseLeftButtonDown Event with a xamDataGrid in code behind
posted

Hi,

i'm trying to implement a MouseLeftButtonDown Event in the HeaderPrefixArea in a code behind xamDataGrid,

but i can't get it work!

Everything works fine if i build a xamDataGrid in XAML and modify the HeaderPrefixAreaStyle in the Resources of the xamDataGrid in XAML.

But if i try to do similar things in an code behind grid, i fail everytime.

I used this article as reference: http://ko.infragistics.com/community/forums/p/67080/339815.aspx#339815

I attached an example project which explains all.

Thanks for your help,

Jochen

xamDataGrid_HeaderPrefixArea.zip
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi Jochen, 

I modified your sample's InitHeaderPrefixArea function adding a ControlTemplate and a textBlock to which I added an event handler. 

Here's the section of code that I changed:

public void InitHeaderPrefixArea()

{

Style headerPrefixAreaStyle;

ControlTemplate ct = new ControlTemplate(typeof(Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.HeaderPrefixArea));

TextBlock txtblock = new TextBlock();

txtblock.PreviewMouseLeftButtonDown += new MouseButtonEventHandler(txtblock_PreviewMouseLeftButtonDown);

FrameworkElementFactory txtblock1 = new FrameworkElementFactory(typeof(TextBlock));

txtblock1.AddHandler(UIElement.PreviewMouseLeftButtonDownEvent, new MouseButtonEventHandler(txtblock_PreviewMouseLeftButtonDown));

ct.VisualTree = txtblock1;    

if (example == Example.Example1)

{

// TEST 1 - failed

headerPrefixAreaStyle = new Style(typeof(Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.HeaderPrefixArea));

headerPrefixAreaStyle.Setters.Add(new Setter(Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.HeaderPrefixArea.HorizontalAlignmentProperty, HorizontalAlignment.Center));

headerPrefixAreaStyle.Setters.Add(new Setter(Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.HeaderPrefixArea.VerticalAlignmentProperty, VerticalAlignment.Center));

headerPrefixAreaStyle.Setters.Add(new Setter(Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.HeaderPrefixArea.VisibilityProperty, Visibility.Visible));

//headerPrefixAreaStyle.Setters.Add(new EventSetter(Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.HeaderPrefixArea.PreviewMouseLeftButtonDownEvent, new System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventHandler(HeaderPrefixArea_MouseButtonDown)));

headerPrefixAreaStyle.Setters.Add(new Setter( TemplateProperty, ct));

}

Else

When I added the event it generated the following block of code to which I added the message box.

void txtblock_PreviewMouseLeftButtonDown(object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

{

MessageBox.Show(" textblock clicked");

This event fires when I click on the header prefix area of the Example1 layout. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.