Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unhandled Exception
posted

I'm getting an unhandled exception from the xamDataChart, it's pretty random but it seems to happen most often when I switch the data series that the chart is to display.  Basically when the operator requests to see a different set of values, I clear the chart series and recreate a new set of series to display.  This is the info I am getting from the exception.  Looking at the inner exception it looks like the chart is trying to set the height of something to infinity?

---------------------------------------
Exception Details
            Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Types
            System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

Call Stack
            at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
            at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
            at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
            at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
            at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Target
            mscorlib
Target
            InvokeMethod

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Infinity' is not a valid value for property 'Height'.

Types
                System.ArgumentException

Call Stack
                at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
            at Infragistics.Controls.Charts.ColumnSeries.RenderFrame(CategoryFrame frame, CategorySeriesView view)
            at Infragistics.Controls.Charts.CategorySeries.RenderSeriesOverride(Boolean animate)
            at Infragistics.Controls.Charts.Series.DoRenderSeries(Boolean animate)
            at Infragistics.Controls.Charts.ContentInfo.DoRefresh()
            at Infragistics.Controls.Charts.ChartContentManager.DoRefresh()

Target
                WindowsBase
Target
                SetValueCommon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parents Reply
    Suggested Answer
    posted in reply to David

dhorth said:

Its the unhandled exception that is causing trouble. Any suggestion on how I can troubleshoot this exception? It's only happening 1 out of 100 times if I'm lucky

To troubleshoot the exception occurring the source code is available at My Keys & Downloads that allows you to debug through the code from the assemblies. Looking at the stack trace you can step through RenderFrame method in the ColumnSeries class.

shkegel said:

Unfortunately, I have limited diagnostic information to offer so far, since the problem has only been seen on a platform I cannot replicate (i.e. a tablet). I have tested the software on 64 bit Windows 7. All I know is that the following messages are occurring sporadically:

1. An unhandled exception occurred: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    2. An unhandled exception occurred: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Infragistics.Windows.Automation.Peers.DataPresenter.CellAutomation Peer' Key being added: 'Infragistics.Windows.Automation.Peers.DataPresenter.CellAutomation.Peer'

I am aware from the marketing materials that Infragistics is touting their latest versions for the tablet (and Windows 8), so I somewhat hope that the problems might just 'go away' if I upgrade. In the absence of any clear information on the subject, however, I'm hesitant to suggest to my customer the cost of a project to upgrade.

From the call stack provides the last method call and knowing where to look at in the source code. As for the case on the xamDataGrid control can be found within the Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter project.

Children
No Data