Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Customize look: XamMaskedEditor vs. XamMaskedInput
posted

I have an input that requires a mask and validation. The user must enter only numbers, not letters. And the value has to stay within a specified range. On losing focus, the field is validated and the background of the field turns red on invalid input. I am currently using XamMaskedEditor.

Now I want to customize the look, but find no examples of how to customize the look except for this link:http://ko.infragistics.com/community/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/00.00.22.01.52/EditorsCornerRadius.txt

On the other hand, I find samples of customized looks for XamMaskedInput.Is it easier to customize this control?

My question is this: For my purposes, is it better to use XamMaskedEditor or XamMaskedInput?

Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into it and I can suggest you use the XamMaskedEditor, because I suppose you use it inside of a XamDataGrid and since the XDG is meant to work with editors, not inputs, all of the built-in functionality will work correctly and as expected if you use Editors. Also the FieldSettings has EditorType and EditorStyle Properties to which you can apply only Editors and if you want to use Inputs you have to retemplate the CellValuePresenter which can cause the XamDataGrid not to work correctly.

Hope this helps you.