Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Using a floating tooltip to display the y axis value of all series across multiple synchronized xamdatacharts
posted

I am using similar code to what is used in the following post to generate a list containing the y value of each series in a chart based on the mouse pointer x position and display that in a popup that follows the mouse.

http://ko.infragistics.com/community/forums/p/41666/242649.aspx#242649

I now have multiple synced xamdatacharts and as the mouse moves from one chart to the next a popup does appear and only contains the data from within the current chart. I have been asked to display a separate popups in all sync'ed charts no matter which chart the mouse is in. Since they are synced, once I get the datetime position of the mouse from the chart I am currently occupying it is the same across all the charts. However, I trigger this process in the chart's mousemove event. Is there a way using the sync manager to trigger this to occur in all the synced charts? Is there a better way to make this occur? I can come up with some way to have the "active" chart update a property with the current mouse position time and have all charts look at this property and if it is not null then use that time to find all child series' y value at that time and then display them. However, before I go down that path I wanted to see if there is a better way.