Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Trouble binding a nested observable collection to unboundfield containing xamcomboeditor
posted

I have a question regarding XamDataGrid, and a XamComboEditor in an unboundfield.  The XamDataGrid is acting as a type of shopping cart.  It is bound to an ObservableCollection of LineItemViewModels (Property is VmCatLineItems).  One of the properties of a line item is that it contains an ObservableCollection of AllowableShipMethods (different line items may have different ship methods).  I am trying to get that collection of ship methods to bind to the XamComboEditor in the unboundfield, but have been unsuccessful.  I would appreciate any suggestions.

XamDataGrid Info:

<igWpf:XamDataGrid x:Name="DgCart2" KeyUp="DgCart2_OnKeyUpDeleteItem" TabIndex="3" ActiveDataItem="{Binding VmCartLineItems}" DataSource="{Binding VmCartLineItems, Mode=TwoWay, NotifyOnSourceUpdated=True, UpdateSourceTrigger=PropertyChanged}" RecordsDeleted="DgCart2_OnRecordsDeleted" CellUpdated="UpdateTotal" IsSynchronizedWithCurrentItem="True" Theme="Aero" Width="932" Canvas.Top="50" Margin="0,15,0,0" Height="390" >

UnboundField Info:

<!--Ship Method Field-->

<igWpf:UnboundField Height="30" Width="86" x:Name="ShipMethod" Label="Ship Method">

<igWpf:UnboundField.Settings>

<igWpf:FieldSettings EditorType="{x:Type igEditors:XamComboEditor}">

<igWpf:FieldSettings.EditorStyle>

<Style TargetType="{x:Type igEditors:XamComboEditor}">

<Setter Property="ItemsSource" Value="{Binding VmCartLineItems.Items[0].AllowableShipMethods}"/>

<Setter Property="DisplayMemberPath" Value="ShippingName" />

<Setter Property="ValuePath" Value="ShippingCode" />

<Setter Property="SelectedIndex" Value="0"/>

<Setter Property="VerticalContentAlignment" Value="Stretch"/>

<EventSetter Event="SelectedItemChanged" Handler="OnShipMethodChanged"></EventSetter>

</Style>

</igWpf:FieldSettings.EditorStyle>

</igWpf:FieldSettings>

</igWpf:UnboundField.Settings>

</igWpf:UnboundField>

Property Contained in OrderEntryViewlModel the XamDataGrid is bound to:

public ObservableCollection<LineItemsViewModel> VmCartLineItems

{

get { return _vmItems; }

set

{

_vmItems = value;

RaisePropertyChanged("VmCartLineItems");

}

}

That property contains within it the following, which is what I am trying to bind in the ship method field:

public ObservableCollection<ShippingMethods> AllowableShipMethods

{

get

{

return this.allowableShipMethods;

}

set

{

if (this.allowableShipMethods != value)

{

this.allowableShipMethods = value;

this.RaisePropertyChanged("AllowableShipMethods");