Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grid breaks under observable collection
posted

I have a data grid with the Data Source being set to an ObservableCollection. I have a few checkboxes next to my grid. Clicking on these will add or remove contents to/from the ObservableCollection, and in turn, the grid. My grid is sized so that only about 8 records display; user can scroll if there's more than 8. If the scrollbar appears (> 8 items) and I click on a checkbox which calls the Add/Remove method on the observable collection, I get the error:

If I manually scroll down (all the way) or sort the items in the grid, this error does not occur. Stranger even, this error only occurs when I run my app in Vista.

{"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.\r\nParameter name: index"}

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)

at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.System.Collections.IList.get_Item(Int32 index)

at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.DataRecordCollection.AllocateNewRecord(Int32 index)

at gh.a(Int32 A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, Boolean& A_3)

at dk.a(SparseArray A_0, Int32 A_1)

at Infragistics.Windows.Helpers.SparseArray.a(ICreateItemCallback A_0, c A_1, Int32 A_2, Int32 A_3)

at Infragistics.Windows.Helpers.SparseArray.GetItemAtVisibleIndex(Int32 visibleIndex, ICreateItemCallback createItemCallback)

at dk.b(Int32 A_0)

at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.ViewableRecordCollection.c(Int32 A_0)

at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.ViewableRecordCollection.System.Collections.IList.get_Item(Int32 index)

at System.Windows.Data.ListCollectionView.GetItemAt(Int32 index)

at System.Windows.Controls.ItemCollection.GetItemAt(Int32 index)

at System.Windows.Controls.ItemCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)

at Infragistics.Windows.Virtualization.RecyclingItemContainerGenerator.a.a(Boolean A_0, Boolean& A_1)

at Infragistics.Windows.Virtualization.RecyclingItemContainerGenerator.GenerateNext(Boolean& isNewlyRealized)

at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.GridViewPanel.a(Size A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2, Int32 A_3, FieldLayout& A_4, Int32& A_5, Int32& A_6)

at Infragistics.Windows.DataPresenter.GridViewPanel.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize)

at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(Size availableSize)

at System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(Size availableSize)

Sounds like a bug. In the meantime, is there anyway I can programmatically force a proper "reload" of the data? In the same vein, if I scroll all the way down and remove elements from the collection, the result can look quite weird. The drig is scrolled all the way to the bottom, and only one item appears on the top (but there's really 6 items).How can I force a redraw?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi srozga,

As you point out, this sounds like a bug. You may want to report this issue at http://ko.infragistics.com/gethelp. If you do so please include a sample that reproduces this issue. That will help us track it down.

As for a way to reload data, try setting DataSource property to null and then back to the data source. This may or may not be desirable for you as you may loose settings, if any, on individual records and cells.

Sandip

Children
No Data