Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Automatic selection-when losing the focus
posted

If the XamMultiColumnCombo have keyboard focus and the user types in nothing or not select anything and goes to another control (lost focus), first or second time the control select automatically the first row in the combo. A serious mistake, I fink.
Does anyone have an idea how to turn it off?

Parents
    posted

Hello Yanko,

yes, the selected item is not part of the itemssoure. This is on purpose! I set CustomValueEnteredAction="Allow" because the user should be able to set an item which is not contained in the itemssource.

And yes, if the user opens the dropdown, NONE of the items should be focused when the selected item is not part of the ItemsSource collection!

Because if the first item is focused although there is an item selected which is not part of the ItemsSource and the user confirms with the "ENTER" Button, the first item is the new selected item. I don't want that behaviour.

If the user wants to select a new item from the DropDown (from  the ItemsSoure), then he/she should be able to press i.e. the "ARROW DOWN" button to select the first item in the ItemsSource.

Long story short: If the selected item is not in the itemsSource, no item should be focused when the multicolumnComboBox DropDown gets opened.

How do i accomplish that?

Best regards,

Jochen

Reply Children