Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unintended Loading of data from the viewmodel.
posted

Hello,

in my application i have a row-error-status property which can be loaded by a button inside the grid. (The check-process loads a huge amount of data from the database thus it is loaded explicitely by a button click, not implicitely by viewing)

I used a field binding to allow the user to sort/group by that column "rowStatus".

My Problem is that the XamDataGrid loads the data although there is no real reason for doing so - the data is not displayed, there is no sorting set, no filter etc. Nevertheless the grid requests the value of the property which will be a very big bottleneck in the gui causing lots of db-traffic. Thus it is not acceptable.

If i remove the field binding it works but then the user can no more sort for the row error Status.

Can you prevent the grid from loading the data in a state it does not need the data?

Or can you tell me whats the reason the grid is loading the data so i can deactivate this?

I have attached an example which Shows the property value requested.

01 Kmb To Ig.zip
    posted

HI Karl,

I reviewed your sample and I am not sure what property you are referring to.

I see that your button click  activates the lastrecord, which is scrolled into view.

Can you give me a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue?

Can you tell me what property you are referring to?

Are you retrieving the data dynamically?

Sincerely,

Matt

Devleoper Support Engineer