Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Binding the XamDataGrid's scrollbar to external scrollbar
posted

This is what I'm trying to do. First I had a XamDataGrid inside a ScrollViewer with scrollbar for the content disabled.

<ScrollViewer x:Name="_scrollViewer" Grid.Column="0"
                              Width="{Binding Path=Content.Content.ScrollViewer.Width}" Height="{Binding Path=Content.Content.ScrollViewer.Height}"
                              HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Hidden" VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Hidden">
                    <igDP:XamDataGrid x:Name="_grdContent" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch">
                        <igDP:XamDataGrid.Resources>
                            <Style TargetType="{x:Type igDP:RecordListControl}">
                                <Setter Property="Template">
                                    <Setter.Value>
                                        <ControlTemplate TargetType="{x:Type igDP:RecordListControl}">
                                            <ScrollViewer CanContentScroll="False" Focusable="False" HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Disabled" VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Disabled">
                                                <ItemsPresenter/>
                                            </ScrollViewer>
                                        </ControlTemplate>
                                    </Setter.Value>
                                </Setter>
                            </Style>
                        </igDP:XamDataGrid.Resources>
                    </igDP:XamDataGrid>
                </ScrollViewer>

I then have 2 external scrollbars that control the content scrolling of the ScrollViewer.

<ScrollBar x:Name="_horizontalscrollBar" Grid.Row="1" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Orientation="Horizontal" SmallChange="100" LargeChange="100" Minimum="0" Maximum="{Binding ScrollableWidth, ElementName=_scrollViewer}" ViewportSize="{Binding ViewportWidth, ElementName=_scrollViewer}" Value="{Binding HorizontalOffset, ElementName=_scrollViewer, Mode=OneWay}"/>

<ScrollBar x:Name="_verticalScrollBar" Grid.RowSpan="2" Grid.Column="2" Orientation="Vertical" SmallChange="100"  LargeChange="100" Minimum="0" Maximum="{Binding ScrollableHeight, ElementName=_scrollViewer}" ViewportSize="{Binding ViewportHeight, ElementName=_scrollViewer}" Value="{Binding VerticalOffset, ElementName=_scrollViewer, Mode=OneWay}"/>

This all work fine with some minor niggles:

1. The SmallChange & LargeChange property in the ScrollBar is not set. Thus clicking the RepeatButton & the arrow buttons of the scrollbar trigger a tiny amount of change. How I set this property properly?

2. Since I have a hierarchical grid, everytime I expand/collapse a record the height of the grid is changed, but the external scrollbar is not aware of this although it's bound to the correct properties (I think). So how do I 'correct' this settings?

Suggestions?

posted

<Style TargetType="{x:Type igDP:RecordListControl}">
                <Setter Property="Template">
                  <Setter.Value>
                    <ControlTemplate TargetType="{x:Type igDP:RecordListControl}">
                      <ScrollViewer CanContentScroll="True" Focusable="false" HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Visible"
                          VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Visible" ScrollChanged="ScrollViewer_ScrollChanged">
                        <ItemsPresenter RenderTransform="{TemplateBinding ScrollableElementTransform}" />
                      </ScrollViewer>
                    </ControlTemplate>
                  </Setter.Value>
                </Setter>
              </Style>

I need the ScrollViewer_ScrollChanged so to align other Scrolls with it.

Why it doesn't work when CanContentScroll="False" is set for smoothe scrolling (it cuts off certaing amount of Records at the end)?

Why there is a ViewPort Height change when CanContentScroll = "True"? - this looks like the issue