Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Showing nested parent child relationship
posted

Hi,

I have nested parent child data (ex: Organization data base showing Supervisor - supervisee relationship) and want to show that in grid in hierarchy fasion meeting the following requirements:

1. Want to show header information only once (EmpId, EmpName, Dept, Designation, No Of Supervisee)
2. Should have an option to enable/disable expand/collapse child nodes
3. On Expanding a node, nesting/indentation should happen only on first column. All columns should be aligned property with no spanning. Basically it should like a flat table or grid.
4. Should be able to add computed columns using Formula Editor & calculation manager. Ex: Adding a column named Bonus with formula (0.20 * No of Supervisees)
5. Should be performanct as we would be working with huge data set.

Please let me know best grid (XamDataGrid, XamGrid or XamDataTree) suitable for this and provide me a sample to achieve this.

Thanks,
Mahadev Prasad

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

You should use the xamTreeGrid control for this:  http://help.infragistics.com/doc/WPF/2015.2/CLR4.0/?page=xamTreeGrid.html

Children
No Data