Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Treat shift/ctrl click cell selection as record selection
posted

I have a grid where all the columns are editable, and users frequently need to select a subset of rows. I've got the record selector column visible, but they'd also like to select rows by holding shift or ctrl and clicking on a cell in a given row. For now I've set SelectionTypeCell to None to try and avoid confusion, but at least with this default style if you select a few rows, then hold shift and click an adjacent row, it looks a lot like the adjacent record is now selected as well, when in fact there's no change to the SelectedItems collections.

Is there a way to select a record on shift or ctrl click of a single cell, without removing the basic behavior of clicking a cell to enter edit mode?

Barring that, can I modify the style of this grid so that the non-selected records I described above have a different row background?