Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Setting XamComboEditor's Validation.ErrorTemplate has no effect
posted

In my MVVM project I use IDataErrorInfo to propagate exception text to the UI using standard WPF Validation mechanism. With XamComboEditor 2013.1 setting Validation.ErrorTemplate to a customized control template has no effect. In this case, on validation error Control Template should show red border around the control and exception message in white bold font on a red background should show underneath the XamComboEditor but that does not work - instead I see a red border and exception message in default font to the side of the control. That same ControlTemplate works just fine with standard WPF ComboBox - I checked. 

From reading this forum I've seen a couple of suggestions on re-templating XamComboEditor but I have not been able to redefine it to match my ControlTemplate (below). One of these discussions is located here: http://ko.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/48422.aspx

If re-templating the XamComboEditor is really the correct solution for this problem, I would appreciate a sample utilizing my Validation.ErrorTemplate snippet below. Thanks!

XAML definition of the control:

<ig:XamComboEditor
ItemsSource="{Binding MyList}"
SelectedItem="{Binding SelectedItem, Mode=TwoWay, ValidatesOnDataErrors=True}"
Validation.ErrorTemplate="{StaticResource ComboBoxErrorTemplate}"
EmptyText="Choose item..."
DisplayMemberPath="Name"
IsEditable="True"
AutoComplete="True"
AllowDrop="False"/>

and my Validation control template:

<ControlTemplate x:Key="ComboBoxErrorTemplate">
<StackPanel Orientation="Vertical">
<AdornedElementPlaceholder x:Name="ErrorAdorner">
    <Border BorderBrush="Blue" BorderThickness="1" />
</AdornedElementPlaceholder>
<TextBlock Text="{Binding AdornedElement.(Validation.Errors).[0].ErrorContent, ElementName=ErrorAdorner}" Background="Blue" Foreground="White" FontWeight="Bold" VerticalAlignment="Center"/>
</StackPanel>
</ControlTemplate>