Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unbound column creates BindingExression path error
posted

I have a grid that has a couple of UnboundColumns in it.  I notice that when I turn on conditional formatting I will see a bunch of errors in the output window like the one below whenever I scroll.  Scrolling is kind of slow on this grid and I am wonding if this is why.

System.Windows.Data Error: 40 : BindingExpression path error: 'RowData' property not found on 'object' 'MyObj' (HashCode=165440600)'. BindingExpression:Path=RowData; DataItem='MyObj' (HashCode=165440600); target element is 'TextBlock' (Name=''); target property is 'Text' (type 'String')

I also notice a similar error if the UnboundColumn is the first column and deferred scrolling is turned on.  I will see something like this

System.Windows.Data Error: 40 : BindingExpression path error: 'Test' property not found on 'object' ''MyObj' (HashCode=711488479)'. BindingExpression:Path=Template; DataItem='MyObj' (HashCode=711488479); target element is 'ScrollTipInfo' (Name=''); target property is 'FirstColumnValue' (type 'Object')

It seems it is looking for the Key of my UnboundColumn (which is "Test" in this case) on my object.  Obviously this will not be there since this is an unbound field.

Parents Reply Children
No Data