Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Rich text box in infragistics components.
posted

Hello,

Above all, let me say that I'm working on OpenEdge Architect Visual Designer, with "Progress for Gui. Net.".

Is it possible to manipulate an Infragistics component that is able to manage ". Rtf"  files?

Let me explain. I created a Word Processor with an Infragistics toolbar component and Microsoft's RichTextBox. When the user saves his entry into the Word Processor, the contents of the text and its layout are automatically transferred to another RichTextBox component into the parent form.
Everything worked fine until my client required transparency on the second RichTextBox (the one that is read-only and displayed on the parent form).

So I tried to create my own RTB component  transparent capable , through Architect, derived from the microsoft's  RTB class , and transparency worked, but the text was also transparent, which is problematic ...

Then I tried to create DLLs using visual studio 2010, but these DLLs made Architect crash.

My question is: is there a way to manipulate RTF files with any Infragistics component that would support transparency? If this component contained the LoadFile(). method,  which loads an RTF file into the component, it would be very nice.

Thank you for your help, pending a response from you.

Parents
    Offline posted

By mine experience there is not in Infragistics-WinForm components.

In my apps, when needed an RTF editor in WinForm, I used a separate commercial component outside the Infragistics great components.

But it is not well-projected and manipulation with code-behind is and hard work ... but it work fine like a mini-Word.
    I hope this help you.

Regards.
    Davide.

Reply Children