Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
v2012.2 and VS 2088 Pro
posted

I'm having to work on an older product that uses Infragistics 2012.2 and vs 2008.  I setup a Win 7 VM and installed VS2008 and Infragistics 2012.2.  The isntalls went fine but when I try to run the Create Visual Stuidio tool box utility all I get is No products were loaded. Skipping createing configuration file.

Also when I try to add refernces to Infragistics stuff in the project properties References all the Infragistics dll show up fine but after I add then the refereneces  still show <The system cannot find the reference spcified>

Any help getting this working would be appreciated.

Bob

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Bob,

Are you using ASP.NET or Windows Forms?  If you are using Windows Forms, then the last volume that had .NET 2.0 assemblies was 2012 Volume 1 and you would need an earlier volume to use Visual Studio 2008.  If you are using ASP.NET then .NET 3.5 assemblies were still provided in 2012 Volume 2 and it is expected that you could use this as long as the project/web site you are developing is targeting .NET 3.5.

If you are using Windows Forms, you will need to either upgrade to a later version of Visual Studio or use and older volume of NetAdvantage.  If you are using ASP.NET, make sure that your project/web site is targeting .NET 3.5 and that those are the assemblies that you have referenced from NetAdvantage.

Let me know if you have any questions with this matter.

Children