Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Igx-Hierarchical-Grid - Adding Custom Styles on Cell Edit and Keeping the Styles Applied on Row Expansion
posted

I am trying to add a Visual Indicator to any cell that is edited but hasn't had the corresponding change saved to our database.  I'm using the onCellEdit event to apply a custom 'edited-border' class that is changing the cell border to a 2px black or white dashed border depending on theme.

To do this dynamically, I am doing something like below which is tied to the onCellEdit event on my row-islands and heirarchical-grid html elements:

editDone(event){

if(event.newValue !== event.oldValue){

var cell = event.owner.getCellByKey(event.rowID, event.owner.columns[event.cellID.columnID].field);

cell.nativeElement.classList.add('edited-border');

}

}

The above code works just fine, until I start expanding rows to view child grids.  So for example if I were to have two entries in a Heirarchical grid, if I were to edit any field on the bottom entry, the style would apply.  If I were to then open up the child grid of the top entry, the style would then disappear.  As far as I can tell, it looks like the grid is changing the bottom row's style to match the odd row styling which removes any existing classes I have applied.  When I close the opened child grid, the 'edited-border' style will actually come back, so it looks like it is at least holding the original classes somehow.

How would I go about applying the edited-border class when a rowExpansion occurs? I thought about maybe holding onto every Cell I edit and trying to reapply, the problem I have is I can't figure out what event to use.  It doesn't look like there is an onRowExpansion event I can use.

We are using Ignite Angular v8.2.2.

Any insight would be appreciated,

Thanks,

-Randall

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Randall,

As far as I understand, you want to apply a custom style to the cells, which are edited, but not yet persisted to the database. That’s already implemented for our hierarchical grid, it’s called Batch editing.

Be advised, that there’s a class, namely igx-grid__td—edited, which is responsible for styling the edited and not yet commited cell. You may override its styling to suit your requirements in the best way possible.

Feel free to contact me, if any further questions regarding our products appear.

Best regards,
    Petko Bozhinov,
    Infragistics, Inc.

Children