Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igxCell isAddRow
posted

I am currently adding using the beginAddRowByIndex function, and one thing I noticed is that when I add a row with the following columns, a placeholder value (header text) is shown in the entityId and description columns, but not the dataType column. 

<igx-column field="entityId" header="Property Id" [sortable]="true"></igx-column>
<igx-column field="description" header="Description" [sortable]="true"></igx-column>
<igx-column field="dataType" header="Data type" [sortable]="true">
	<ng-template igxCell let-val let-cell="cell">{{val | lookup: dataTypesLookup}}</ng-template>
</igx-column>

After digging through the cell.component.html file, I noticed that in the #addRowCell template, it's using a property called isEmptyAddRowCell to conditionally render the cell value, or the header. Given an ng-template with the igxCell directive, is there any way to determine the following:

1. If the cell.row is a new row, aka, isAddRow. I see some stuff in the codebase like let-row, but that yields undefined for me.
  2. Is there a way to get access to the parent IgxGridCellComponent component, so that the its properties like isEmptyAddRowCell and template can be used?
Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Michael,

After investigating this further, I determined that addRowCell template is not applied to the Data Type column because another template is added to this column.

Additionally, what I could suggest is checking if the value of the cell component is undefined and if there is a template applied to the cell and setting the cell value to the column field.

public beginAddRow() {

this.grid1.beginAddRowByIndex(2);

this.grid1.getRowByIndex(2).cells.forEach((cell) => {

if (cell.column.bodyTemplate && !cell.value) {

cell.value = cell.column.field;

}

});

}

Furthermore, in a method bound to the rowEditExit event the value of the cell would be set back to undefined if the value equals the filed name.

public rowEditExit(evt) {

if (evt.isAddRow && evt.newValue?.OrderDate === 'OrderDate') {

evt.newValue.OrderDate = undefined;

}

}

I have prepared a sample, demonstrating the described behavior. Please test it on your side and let me know if you need any further information regarding this matter.

Regards,
    Monika Kirkova,
    Infragistics

Children