Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Excel-Export of igxGrid creates a problem in Excel
posted

Hi everyone,

I am using an igxGrid in my Application. I use the IgxExcelExporterService to export the data of my grid to an Excel file (.xlsx). The export works without problems and generates an Excel file on my machine.

However, if I open the file with Excel, the program tells me that it found a problem in the generated Excel file and that this file needs to be repaired. If I accept to repair the file, I can open it afterwards. If I do not accept to repair it, the file cannot be opened.

These are the messages:

This is my call to create the excel file:

this.excelExporterService.export(this.grid, new IgxExcelExporterOptions("test"));

And this is the html code of my grid

Is there something I need to change or anything else I need to do, to make the Excel export work correctly?

If you need further information, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Michael

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Michael,

Thank you for reaching out.

I have created a small sample trying to reproduce the described behavior. I am using the excel exporter service's export method to export the grid to excel. On my side everything works as expected and I am able to open the downloaded file without any problems.

Please test the sample on your side and let me know how it behaves. If this is not an accurate demonstration of what you are trying to achieve, please feel free to modify it and send it back to me along with steps to reproduce. Alternatively, if the behavior cannot be replicated, please feel free to provide your own isolated sample, where the issue is reproducible. Please keep in mind to remove any dependencies and code that is not directly related to the issue.

Having a sample, which I can debug on my side, will be highly appreciated and extremely helpful for providing you with solution as soon as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Viktor Kombov
    Entry Level Software Developer
    Infragistics, Inc.

Children
No Data