Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Blazor Server Components sample not working
posted

Hello,

I have downloaded the sample solution from (https://github.com/brianlagunas/Infragistics.Blazor.Alpha) which as far as I can tell is the only place blazor samples exist.

However when I try to run this solution, there is an error within RemoteJSRuntime (microsoft library) which appears to be related to the server component attempting to do a remoteJS invocation during pre-render.  _clientProxy is null when this block is executed:

protected override void BeginInvokeJS(long asyncHandle, string identifier, string argsJson)
        {
            if (!_clientProxy.Connected)
            {
                throw new InvalidOperationException("JavaScript interop calls cannot be issued at this time. This is because the component is being " +
                    "prerendered and the page has not yet loaded in the browser or because the circuit is currently disconnected. " +
                    "Components must wrap any JavaScript interop calls in conditional logic to ensure those interop calls are not " +
                    "attempted during prerendering or while the client is disconnected.");
            }

Log.BeginInvokeJS(_logger, asyncHandle, identifier);

_clientProxy.SendAsync("JS.BeginInvokeJS", asyncHandle, identifier, argsJson);
        }

Is there any documentation (I can't find any, at all) and/or up-to-date samples for Blazor (these samples haven't been touched in almost a month)?  Typically, components/docs on a project under active development have at least weekly changes.  Is Blazor being dropped already?

If not, I am trying to do a proof-of-concept for using Blazor at our company however it is not encouraging when there is no documentation (or if there is, it's not easy to find) and the available samples don't run out of the box.  I would not be worried if this was an open source project, but typically this when this kind of thing happens on a commercial project, that means bad things for the target technology.

Parents
    Offline posted

Looks like if I ignore the exception and navigate away from the data grid and then back to it, it loads data.  But the other questions about docs/samples remain.

Reply Children
No Data