Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igGrid Updating issues
posted

Hello,

We're using NetAdvantage for jQuery in an MVC2 environment. We have a Grid with row editing enabled, and ShowDoneCancelButtons set to false. All editable cells are numeric, so we're using the built in numeric editors.  We're having a few issues and would like some assistance in resolving them:

1. Your documentation states that the 'Enter' key should trigger the EndUpdating event, and that 'Esc' should cancel it. However, it doesn't work unless we push 'Ctrl-Enter' or 'Ctrl-Esc'. Am I missing a setting?

2. To populate the grid, we are passing an IQueryable collection of complex objects. This fails if we create a GridModel and pass it to the view along with the data. It succeeds is we 'GET' an empty model, and then 'POST' and set the grid's DataSource to a JsonResult. This is less efficient than we would like

3. We would like to batch updates and are using the example shown @ https://www.igniteui.com/grid/basic-editing as a basis for our coding. After the post back, I can see the data for the 'dirty' rows in the ig_transactions request key, however, calling model.GetTransaction() does not  populate embedded complex types (such as Foo.Bar.Foobar), and all embedded complex objects are set to initialized values instead of reflecting those being sent back from the UI.

Any assistance you could offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Bob,

regarding 1), i am using this sample, and i can see in the log everything works as expected:

https://www.igniteui.com/grid/editing-api-events

Which OS / browser are you using?

About 2) and 3), the grid doesn't support binding to nested (complex) properties at the moment, i suggest that you flatten this by creating classes which represent your model, and mapping the complex properties to those simple classes. We plan to have out of the box support for this in the next release.

Hope it helps. Thanks

Angel

Children