Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Cascading combo with Razor syntax
posted

I'm pretty new to the Ignite UI suite and I'm trying to tie 2 combo boxes together. I have the 2 combo boxes filling correctly with data, but as I'm looking for examples of how to tie the parent combo box to the child, all of the examples I see have this type of syntax:

$("#comboTown").igCombo({                 valueKey: "valTown",                 textKey: "textTown",                 dataSource: dsCascTowns,                 parentComboKey: "keyDistirct",                 parentCombo: "#comboDistrict"             });

Previously I had the following syntax when creating my combo:

@(Html.Infragistics().Combo(

"carrierServiceDropdown", Model.CarrierServices.AsQueryable())

.ValueKey(

"CarrierService_Id")

.TextKey(

"CarrierService_Name")

.DataBind()

.FilteringType(

ComboFilteringType.Local)

.RenderMatchItemsCondition(

ComboRenderMatchItemsCondition.StartsWith)

.FilteringCondition(

"startsWith")

.AutoComplete(

true)

.DropDownWidth(300)

.Width(

"300")

.Render()

How do I specify the parent combo key and id in this syntax? I was expecting to just add a .ParentComboId and set it like that, but it's not available. The only thing I see is the CascadingSettings, but I am not sure what I need to pass to that.

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi, Ryan.

Thanks for using our product and please try using the following code:

CascadingSettings(settings => settings.ParentComboID("#comboDistrict").ParentComboKey("keyDistirct"))

I hope this will help you and I will wait for your feedback.

Best regards,
    Nikolay Alipiev

Children