Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
findImmediateNodesByText and findNodesByText usless or bug?
posted

I tried using the findNodesByText  to find a string contained in a node. To my great surprise it only search an exact match?

[I'm a node]

var nodes = this.treeIDMap.igTree( "findNodesByText", "I'm a"  );// -> Found nothing

var nodes = this.treeIDMap.igTree( "findNodesByText", "I'm a node"  );// -> Found the node

var nodes = this.treeIDMap.igTree( "findNodesByText", "node" );// -> Found nothing

Why would that be? So figuring this is only an exact match I'm trying to code a function to do what I need.

------------Here is one way to do it I guess ---------       

var foundNodes = new Array();
         filter = filter.toLowerCase();

findInObject = function( obj, prop, val )//go as deep as posible and find a match
         {
             if ( obj !== null && obj.hasOwnProperty( prop ) && obj[prop].toLowerCase().indexOf(val) > -1 )
             {
                 return obj;
             } else
             {
                 for ( var s in obj )
                 {
                     if ( obj.hasOwnProperty( s ) && typeof obj[s] == 'object' && obj[s] !== null )
                     {
                         var result = findInObject( obj[s], prop, val );
                         if ( result !== null )
                         {
                             return result;
                         }
                     }
                 }
             }
             return null;
         }

for ( var i = 0; i < this.treeData.length; i++ )//use the internal copy of the data to do the search and only modify the live
        {
             if ( findInObject( this.treeData[i], "ITEM", filter ) ) foundNodes.push( this.treeData[i] )//does the node have a match in it anywhere?
        }

this.treeIDMap.igTree( { dataSource: foundNodes } );
         this.treeIDMap.igTree( "dataBind" );

still would like it faster.

Parents Reply Children