Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Various virtualization problems
posted

Hi,

i'm facing some problems while using your Grid (virtualization mode: fixed)

- When filling the grid with a lot of rows (100000) Internet Explorer 10 doesn't show them all, i can only scroll to ~25000 (depending on row height i think).

- The avgRowHeight causes a lot of confusion for me. The value set, isn't always the exact height the rendered row has. I can't really figure out why. Also setting the avgRowHeight to a bad value (I guess when the scroll containers height isnt divisible by row-height or so) leads to some rows to be cut of at the end. At least i can not scroll to them. The problem is, the font(size) should be set dynamically later, also there might be multi-line (wrapped) text, so i can't set an always-working default avgRowHeight. that fits all situations.

- How does VirtualScrollTo work? I guess that the value passed to it is the desired row-index. When calling it with low values (1-10), the expected row is in the view-area. But the further i go down, the bigger the offset from the row wiith index X is. Or am i using the method in a wrong way?

- Cancelling the edit-mode by clicking on any other row in the grid, makes it impossible to re-enter edit mode (clicking on cell doesn't do anything).

edit:Found out that the edit-mode behaviour only apperas when RowSelectionMode is set to SingleRowSelection. Looks like the value of "this._waitSel" in "infragistics.ui.grid.updating.js" is never resetted, thus preventing the grid from entering editmode. Manually resetting the value works, but i'm quite unsure whether this has other impacts on the grid-behaviour. Also I don't like these kind of dirty hacks.

Thanks in advance

Lorenz

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

In the past versions we had issues related to scrolling in the virtualization grid as well as virtualScrollTo method. Probably you need to upgrade to the latest SR to get them fixed (the current SR for 13.1 is 13.1.2217). However, not able to enter edit mode is reproducible in 13.1.2217 and is caused by combination of the features: Selection, Virtualization (fixed), Updating. That's why this version will not satisfy all your needs.

I suggest you that you try continuous virtualization, until we fix the entering edit mode problem. Attached you can find a sample demonstrating the continuous virtualization + Updating + Selection.

Best regards,
    Martin Pavlov
    Infragistics, Inc. 

igGrid_virtualization_continuous.zip
Children