Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Shared Interactions?
posted

Can someone write a help article on how to use this feature? I have a feeling it's crucial but the program doesn't give me enough feedback to know if I am using it correctly.

Thank you.

Parents
No Data
    posted

The label "share interaction" isn't the most intuitive, and the help document linked above is pretty hard to follow. Some specific examples would go a long way to helping explain. I did manage to figure it out, after some work. Here is how I am using the feature:

Scenario: I have a text field with a default prompt. When I focus on that field, the prompt is cleared out. I type my input into the field, and move on to the next text field.

To build this interaction, I build a text field and apply the interaction "Tap/click" > "Change this screen" > "To New State." The new state shows a blank text field (with no prompt)* to simulate clearing the field. Now, if I don't active the "Share Interaction" button for this state and just run the prototype, when a user types info into the text field and then moves to the next field, their input is dumped and the prompt text reappears. If I DO activate "Share Interaction," the user-modified state of the text box gets preserved.

*I just started using Indigo Studio a few days ago, so my "change state to clear the text field in one click" solution may not be the most elegant.

Children