Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
No icons (pictures) on the left side, when I upload the prototype to web server site
posted

Hello,

When I export the prototype to the directory and I start the prototype locally I see pictures on the left bar,
but when I run the same prototype stored on the web site location the pictures on the bar are missing.

Missing pictures: Toggle table of Contents, Toggle highlight, Toggle notes, Home screen

Thank you for help

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Ok, after following it with Libor through email, the issue was caused by the default IIS configuration. I'm adding the steps to fix it here in case anyone else stumbles onto this.

By default, IIS does not have the right MIME types configured for SVG files. If you use a browser inspector tool, like chrome devtools, you will see on the network tab that the file is being sent as application/octet-stream, as seen on the attached image.

You need to configure the web server so that SVG files are sent with image/svg+xml MIME type.

To do so, you can change the Web.config file to include something like the following:

<staticContent>

<remove fileExtension=".woff"/>

<mimeMap fileExtension=".woff" mimeType="application/font-woff"/>

<remove fileExtension=".json"/>

<mimeMap fileExtension=".json" mimeType="application/json"/>

<remove fileExtension=".svg"/>

<mimeMap fileExtension=".svg" mimeType="image/svg+xml" />

</staticContent>

Inside the system.webServer section of the Web.config file. That will send the right MIME type for SVG, JSON, and WOFF (fonts) files. Here you can find the official Microsoft documentation about that section, which also instructs how to configure it using the IIS Manager:

http://www.iis.net/configreference/system.webserver/staticcontent/mimemap

Best regards,

Santiago.

Indigo Studio Team.

Children