Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Timeline scale
posted

Is there a way to manually change the scale of the animation timeline? i.e. how many seconds can fit on screen at once.

I can see from different screens I've got that the scale differs from one to another (in one screen I can see 4 seconds of the timeline at once, in another a seconds takes up half the timeline and I can only see 2 seconds at once).

Parents
    posted

Hi Ross, 

When you are looking at the Animation Timeline, you can manually set the duration by right clicking on a specific item and then set a Duration in milliseconds on the context menu.    You can drag the end of an item as well and extend or shorten the duration.  If you drag the item itself you will update the Duration Start in milliseconds. 

As for scaling the timeline, there is a scroll bar on the bottom of the Animation Timeline panel that pops up when you hover over the bottom of the panel, assuming one of your durations is greater than can be shown.   The scroll bar depends on the current duration values.  For instance set one of the duration to 8000 ms and you will then be able to stroll right and see the extent of that duration. 

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Reply Children