Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
not marked as serializable
posted
I'm using UltraWebGrid v8.1.20081.1000 with IdeaBlade 3.6.2.2.  I am simply trying to bind a list the the grid.  I've tried...

EntityList<SPSProviderSearch> el = pm.GetEntities<SPSProviderSearch>(q, QueryStrategy.DataSourceOnly);
uwgProviders.DataSource = el;
uwgProviders.DataBind();
With Error: Type 'System.Data.DataColumn' in Assembly 'System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' is not marked as serializable.

I’ve also tried…
BindableList<SPSProviderSearch> bel = new BindableList<SPSProviderSearch>();
foreach (SPSProviderSearch ps in el)
            bel.Add(ps);
uwgProviders.DataSource = bel;
uwgProviders.DataBind();
With Error: Type 'System.Data.DataColumn' in Assembly 'System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' is not marked as serializable.

I can make it work if I create a wrapper object, load it and bind.

This does not work the same as the Winforms version of infragistics.  What am I doing wrong?

Parents
No Data
    posted

It is very hard to tell from what I am seeing, but I do have a couple of suggestions that may help us go further

1. Bind stock asp:gridview and asp:datagrid components to the same datasource and see if it works

2. Is see that what you are binding to, "el", is returned from GetEntities method - is it possible that it contains a list of tables? In this case, you may beed to set the DataMember property of the control as well

3. If 1 & 2 do not help, could you please paste the complete stack trace you are getting (not just the last line) - this will surely provide additional clues.

Hope this helps! 

Children