Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unbound Ultrawebgrid
posted

Hi

I am using ultrawebgrid with unbound & multiheader columns to populate data. Data is getting populated correctly . But when the page is postbacked grid is refreshed without maintainng its state even though I am maintaining state while creating columns an headers.

Second issue is some multiheader captions are not displayed properly even though a caption is specified.

If for testing if I display all header captions in a messagebox it shows right captions but no captions are displayed on grid.

Please help me on this  

Parents
    posted

My initial suspicion is that your columns and headers may not be getting stored in ViewState.  I'm more familiar with columns, as opposed to multi-header columns, but I suspect the cause may be similar.

I suspect you're defining your columns in one of the following two ways (C#, assuming you've declared a using statement for the Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid namespace)

UltraGridColumn col1 = this.ultraWebGrid1.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns.Add("MyNewColumn1");

UltraGridColumn col2 = new UltraGridColumn("MyNewColumn2");
    // set other properties on col2 here
    this.ultraWebGrid1.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns.Add(col2);

Either of the above two lines will create a column that won't be stored in veiwstate, and thus won't be kept correctly when you post back.  Instead, create the column in the following manner (again C# with the same using statement):

UltraGridColumn col3 = new UltraGridColumn(true); // true = track thsi column in ViewState
    // set other properties on col3 here
    this.ultraWebGrid1.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns.Add(col3);

The same approach also applies to rows.  Since the ColumnHeader class also has a constructor that takes a boolean parameter, I suspect it also behaves the same way.

Reply Children