Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Adding child row to a web-grid with javascript
posted

I am having some trouble adding the first child row to a webgrid.  I believe I have all the pemissions set correctly, however the following line returns null for aRow

var aRow = igtbl_addNew(oGrid, 1); 

Parents
No Data
    posted

You must have an active row in either the parent band of where you want to add a new row (band 0 in this case), the same band as where you want to add (band 1 in this case), or deeper for this line of code to work.  If your active row is in band 0, then your new row is added a child of that row.  If your active row is in band 1, your new row is added as a sibling of that row.  If your active row is deeper in the hierarchy, the grid will go up to that row's parent, and further, until the parent in band 1 is found, and the new row will be added as a sibling of that existing row.

The active row provides the igtbl_addNew() function with enough context to determine where to put the new row in the specified band.  If it doesn't have enough context, no new row is created.

Children