Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
export ultraWebGrid to excel produces jScript runtime error
posted

I have a grid that contains 3 bands, and a series of templated columns that contain a control.

I am having trouble exporting this grid to Excel and I can't quite figure out why.

The event handler for the Export button I have on the page does the following:

ExcelExporter.ExportMode = Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.ExcelExport.ExportMode.Download

<sets up some general formatting and titles on the first few rows>

ExcelExporter.ExcelStartRow = 6

ExcelExporter.Export(SGViewGrid, excelWorkBook)

ExcelExporter.DownloadName = "Filename.xls"

Initially I had been also doing a Response.BinaryWrite and Response.End but due to the errors I had been encountering I have commented out everything after the ExcelExporter.DownloadName to assist in troubleshooting.  The error I am recieving is the following:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.
Details: Error parsing near 'ࡱ'.

I am assuming that I'm getting this error due to the controls in the  templated columns, but I need to be able to export this grid to excel - does anyone know what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks!!

Parents Reply Children