Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Error while compiling UltraWebGrid in ASP.NET 3.5 Visual Studio 2008
posted

Hi,

I am getting the below error while compiling the proj.

Error:

Error 4 The type 'Infragistics.WebUI.Shared.IUltraLicensedComponent' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Infragistics35.WebUI.Shared.v8.3, Version=8.3.20083.1009, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb'. D:\InfraTrialVersionTest\UltraWebGrid.aspx.designer.cs 23 72

Below is my env details:

VS2008, .net 3.5 Windows XP SP2

NetAdvantage 8.3 Web CLR3x (Infragisitcs Trial Version)

PS: I need to provide an immediate solution to a customer, based on his requirement, request to help asap. (For converting Grid Data to Excel, PDF etc...)

Thanks

Parents
    posted

Your project is likely missing a reference to the Infragistics35.WebUI.Shared.v8.3 assembly.  You'll need to add one to your web.config file.

I suspect you're likely using a Web Application Project (as opposed to a WebSite), because Visual Studio does not add entries to the web.config file for dependent assemblies automatically when using a Web Application Project.  (It does for a Web Site.)  Having a reference in the References folder of Solution Explorer is not enough, since the ASP.NET runtime doesn't look at this information when trying to find all the required assemblies at runtime.

Reply Children